This Jobsfunter Listing is about ActiveFence in Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel 2022
About the job
As a Russia/Ukraine Subject Matter Expert at ActiveFence, you use your internet-fluency, online resourcefulness, broad areas of interest, writing proficiency, investigative mindset, and hacker-like thinking to find emerging online narratives in the Russia and Ukraine. You enjoy finding things online, solving puzzles through difficult-to-come-by open-source data from the deep-web, and have an investigative and white-hat hacker mindset. You are a proficient writer and are comfortable with a fast pace and technical environment. You are interested in Russia and Ukraine politics, world events, misinformation, and emerging trends. You like to work on several topics simultaneously and learn new things. Fast.
You will be analyzing and monitoring malicious activities online while getting to their sources and distribution methods. You’ll be writing intelligence briefs and coming up with solutions to improve automation and workflow.
- Advanced analysis – conducting high-level Open Source Intelligence investigations as well as creating ad-hoc reports on different topics in order to support the sales and intelligence efforts of the company.
- Analyzing online activity and providing meaningful insights.
- Researching new online platforms to discover methods for automating data collection.
- Assist our product and intelligence teams to understand our customers’ needs better by tracking their pains, following industry trends and communicating their needs.
- Monitoring third party websites, forums, messaging app channels and more to uncover malicious activities.
Skills and qualifications:
- A pro-active and independent thinker and doer.
- A quick learner of new practice areas and technological tools.
- Tons of curiosity.
- A methodological approach to the art of web intelligence.
- Knowledgeable and interested in Russia and Ukraine politics and geopolitics
- WEBINT / OSINT experience
- Intelligence Background – an advantage.
- Journalism Background – an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent Russian, Ukrainian, and English
- Excellent Excel/Google sheets skills.
- Capable of dealing with harsh content at times.
ActiveFence is the leading tool stack for Trust & Safety teams, worldwide. By relying on ActiveFence’s end-to-end solution, Trust & Safety teams – of all sizes – can keep users safe from the widest spectrum of online harms, unwanted content, and malicious behavior, including child safety, disinformation, fraud, hate speech, terror, nudity, and more.
Using cutting-edge AI and a team of world-class subject-matter experts to continuously collect, analyze, and contextualize data, ActiveFence ensures that in an ever-changing world, customers are always two steps ahead of bad actors. As a result, Trust & Safety teams can be proactive and provide maximum protection to users across a multitude of abuse areas, in 70+ languages.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors such as CRV and Norwest, ActiveFence has raised $100M to date; employs over 270 people worldwide; and has contributed to the online safety of billions of users across the globe.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Application Deadline: N/A