Operational Support Employee Job in Action Lafayette, LA
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Action in Lafayette, LA 2022
About the job
Next to own Distribution Centres (DC’s) Action uses external parties, as Logistics Service Providers (LSP), to staff ‘outsourced’ DC’s. Within an outsourced DC a small team of Action employees works to monitor and optimise the logistical processes with the LSP.The Operational Support employee is part of this team and reports directly to the Logistics Service Manager that leads the team. The main focus lies in providing (administrative) support on a variety of topics for the team on-site and act as first point of contact for invoices and on site project initiatives.
Purpose of the job
The Operational Support employee is responsible for providing (administrative) support on a variety of topics for the Action team on-site and act as first point of contact for invoices and on site project initiatives, but also needs to prepare business cases on additional costs, investments and other changes. The Operational Support employee is also responsible for preparing timely and effective communication to the stores.
What you will do on a daily basis
- Admin control invoicing – detailed invoice control for WH and transportation and act as first point of contact in this respect;
- Support preparation of business cases on additional costs, investments and other changes;
- Prepare presentations in which the required information is consolidated for LSM and on-site Action team;
- Support in preparing the onboarding program for Action team members, including but not limited to arranging the logistics;
- Keeps overview on facility management components such as property and equipment for your respective site.
Support in Project Management
- Monthly tracking and reporting of project budget & statuses, based on the input of the on-site Action team;
- Administrative support on Project Management for on-site initiatives.
- Prepares timely and effective communication to the stores if and when needed;
- Generate and update all weekly reporting dashboards for your respective site and communicate/ share this on time. To be used in SCT;
- Responsible for acting on ad-hoc questions and requests.
What we are looking for in an Operational Support Employee
- Secondary vocational education degree required;
- Excellent French language skills and business level English;
- Excel knowledge on an advanced level;
- Is confident in SAP and prepared to work both within the warehouse as well as the office environment;
- Has the ability to prioritize and solve problems in real-time;
- Is analytical and able to manipulate and present data;
- Has strong communication influencing skills;
- Is pro-active and eager on opportunities to support the team;
- Works accurately and has a pragmatic approach, but always takes into account our cost consciousness.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary (on the basis of 38 hrs/wk);
- A company laptop;
- 15% employee discount for purchases at Action.
Curious what’s next?
Dianne van den Dijssel, Recruiter Supply Chain, will review your application and will get back to you asap. When you are selected you will be invited for a first job interview. When we are both enthusiastic we will invite you for the second interview. In that second interview we’d like to get to know you even better. Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
Notice: We only consider applications made in English during our recruitment process.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Lafayette, LA
Application Deadline: N/A