This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Indianapolis, IN 2022
About the job
- Description:* The purpose of the position is to provide assistance in the receiving, sampling, storage, and proper disposal of waste materials. This position interacts with various departments, areas, and units within the plant. Tasks include; Paperwork management, load receiving, identifying and resolving problems, material identification, segregation and documentation, processing planning and completing supporting documentation of waste management activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- A strong attention to detail; focused on problem identification, documentation and resolution for both the materials received and the process management programs.
- Completes logs and other paperwork necessary for tracking, processing, and billing purposes.
- Perform container labeling, sorting and sampling when needed.
- Basic chemical knowledge (pH, Acid, Base, Oxidizer)
- Identify problems during load receiving/sampling, work with Off-spec Coordinator to ensure all issues are noted and resolved on receiving floor when appropriate. Additionally, document all issues including compliance, physical, and chemical problems associated with the loads.
- Maintain logs to help track production and other associated metrics.
- Interfaces with other areas and departments to insure a smooth flow of product through the production cycle.
- Understand Heritage Coding and labeling systems to handle and manage containers.
- Use DOT knowledge to match and label inbound materials and for storage and shipping of containers to other sites.
- Review work orders, Lab Data, and other documentation to determine proper handling of materials.
- Position handles hazardous materials and will often require use of PPE
- Introductory knowledge of high hazard materials management/assessment, cylinder handling, hazardous waste generation, management practices, shipping and related procedures.
- Load, unload and sample solid and liquid waste safely in accordance with company, federal, state, and local regulations Individuals in this role will rotate between 3 major groups/teams:
- Sampling – responsible for the intake of new material, data collection, data verification, and verifying incoming samples all meet safety and compliance standards.
- Plant Process & Storage – responsible for distributing the material throughout the facility, verifying label and documentation, and compliance and safety checks.
- Fixation –
responsible for conducting testing and sampling on material ensuring they fall within safety & compliance, environmental testing.
- Skills:* Quality, Quality Check, Quality Test, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Lab Packer,
Environmental, Field Chemist, hazardous material, hazardous chemicals, hazwoper, hazardous waste
- Additional Skills & Qualifications:* Must Haves: 1) Associates or Bachelors Degree – prefer entry level life science graduates
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills 3) Effective communication skills
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs Nice To Have: 1) 40 Hour Hazwoper 2) Experience within quality
- Experience Level:* Entry Level
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Entry level
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN
Application Deadline: N/A