Quality Engineer Vacancies in Actalent Louisville, KY
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Louisville, KY 2022
About the job
- Description:* Objective of the Position: Support Production, Quality and Engineering as a provider of resources and reduce scrap / rework and defects internally. Essential Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
- Be the Customer advocate, work with the customer locations to understand how our product is used in the customer environment, identify assembly issues and drive resolution.
- Reduce and prevent defects from reaching customer using AIAG and TS 16949 guidelines
- Train associates, engineers and management in core quality tools including the 8 Quality Basics.
- Audit plant floor and weld cells for issues and risks of defects.
- Review Work Instructions and work with Manufacturing Engineering to update to include in process inspections, 1st off checks and end of line inspections.
- Review gauge instructions to assure accuracy and perform Gauge R&R studies
- Track, Document, analyze customer issues and returns.
- Participate in Plant Level Program Management initiatives and assure APQP deliverables are completed in line with program timing.
- Support Metrology Lab by conducting CMM Programming & Layout.
- Access Root Cause and implement corrective actions of defects.(QPS & 8D)
- Create and update gauge instructions, train as needed Gage Control.
- Coach/ Mentor team members in Problem Solving activities.
- Schedule and assure proper layouts (CMM) of parts for PPAP, Customer and supplier, review and update as needed.
- Coordinate product certification via PPAP with the Customer Secondary Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
- Conduct all business related activities for, and on the behalf of, Eberspaecher within the limits of applicable local, state, and federal legal requirements.
- Provide support to, and compliance with, all local and corporate Eberspaecher Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and other HSE related requirements.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and follows all EETAM polices related to TS16949 and ISO 14001; looks for way to improve and promote quality.
- Other duties as assigned. Methodical Competence:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks smoothly in situations containing a moderate to high level of stress.
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- The ability to follow-up on projects and ensure all items are completed on time with all necessary data required and supporting documentation.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Organizational Support
- Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Written Communication
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Interpersonal Competence:
- Ability to be self-motivated and to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, supplier, coworkers and management.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to work as a Team Member towards overall company objectives.
- Communicate and present proper information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Customer Service – Ability to manage difficult customers Responds promptly to their needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Initiative- Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets other’s attention.
- Interpersonal skills-Focuses on solving conflict.
- Displays willingness to make decisions based on gathered facts; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process, Makes timely decisions.
- Leadership- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Motivation- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Oral Communication
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with dignity, respect and consideration. Supervisory Competence:
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Working Conditions:
- This position involves working indoors around mechanical and hazards, fumes, irritants, with exposure to cold, heat and high noise levels under adverse conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- Skills:* Quality engineer, IATF, GD&T, welding, automotive, PPAP, CMM, AIAG, TS 16949, Gauge R&R, 8d
- Top Skills Details:* Quality engineer, IATF, GD&T, Welding, Automotive, PPAP, CMM
- Additional Skills & Qualifications:* Professional Experience / Basic Qualification / Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) preferred, but experience with Ford systems would be better
- Minimum 3-5 years’ automotive experience in automotive manufacturing.
- Experience in GD&T, CMM P
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Louisville, KY
Application Deadline: N/A