Regulatory Specialist Vacancies in Actalent Chicago, IL
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Chicago, IL 2022
About the job
This is a remote opportunity as a Regulatory Affairs Specialist for a global company in the food industry.
A hybrid/in office option is available for local candidates.
Excellent opportunity to work with a global network, including markets in Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, and North America.
- Apply technical knowledge to translate and validate large amounts of raw material compliance data for harmonization into a single global format
- This data includes but is not limited to raw material allergen information, nutrition, formulation, religious and lifestyle attributes and regulatory compliance status. This data is critical as it rolls up to product compliance status and finished product labelling, therefore 100% accuracy must be achieved to ensure consumer safety and mitigate business risk.
- Technical risk assessment
- Escalation of relevant questions and risks to regional experts
- Working at pace to support project timelines
- Tracking of progress for project metrics and reporting
- Meeting attendance for relevant project updates as needed
- Responsible for training of the Regulatory Affairs staff
- Skills & Qualifications:*
- Preferred: Master of Science in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field. Bachelor’s Degree could be considered.
- Required: 10-15 years regulatory compliance experience in the Food and Beverage industry including raw material & finished product compliance assurance, raw material specification & data management, product labelling
- Supporting Competencies:*
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of experience & technical knowledge in regulatory compliance, raw material specification, labelling
- High level decision quality
- Analysis & translation of technical data into tangible project outcomes
- Experience teaching and training others
- Technologically savvy
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Effective risk identification & escalation
- English language fluency
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Contract · Entry level
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: N/A