This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Austin, TX 2022
About the job
- THIS POSITION IS 100% REMOTE.
- They would prefer individuals being open to coming onsite for office functions, approximately 1-3 times a year.
- Description:* A client in Illinois manufactures and develops tractors and construction equipment for the agriculture and construction/mining industries.
- This team is responsible for the electronic displays and guidance systems for the tractor. This system controls many elements of the tractor including the implements connected to the back of the tractor and also controls many portions of the auto guidance autonomous functions
- They have had an increase in work on this platform and do not have enough people on the team to come through on the timelines over the next few years.
- They are looking for a Software engineer that can do object oriented and multithreaded embedded application development along with data management with databases. Responsibilities:
- Work with Engineers to establish goals for week
- Design display and guidance systems in C++and Java
- Interface with Systems Engineers on refinement of requirements and solutions
- Will be designing new feature sets for the platform.
- Help with Linux Device development
- Will perform unit-tests on code for bugs
- Utilize networking for communication with the vehicle (CAN, LIN, etc)
- Each day will be 60-80% development Some example things you will work on are: * customer facing code down to register * clock cycles * data on communication bus and transmission to a tractor * stability related to data latency issues
- Skills:* C++,
Agile, object oriented, network, network client, server architecture, Linux, QT, android
- Top Skills Details:* C++, SQL
- Additional Skills & Qualifications:*
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering
- 8+ years of embedded application development experience
- Strong experience in C++
- Java is a plus
- QT is a plus
- Experience with object oriented and multithreaded systems is a must
- Experience with Linux is a plus
- Experience with SQL, Postgres, PostgreSQL
- Must have experience with hardware or systems. They will not look at a Tek Systems candidate who has just developed a website.
- Must have experience with communication protocols / networking like CAN, LIN, RS-232, RS-484, ethernet, USB, etc.
- GIT is a plus
- Must have strong communication skills
- Experience from automotive industry is a plus
- Experience Level:* Intermediate Level
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Austin, TX
Application Deadline: N/A