Materials Coordinator Jobs in Actalent Charlotte, NC
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Charlotte, NC 2022
About the job
- Description:* Responsible for expediting and facilitating the flow of material for Machine Tools Division projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor and read reports pertaining to Purchase Orders and their delivery dates.
- Frequently contact vendors to insure on time delivery of Purchase Orders as well as notifies them of any material delivered that did not pass quality.
- Maintain accurate files on returns, reworked or remade material.
- Liaison with Purchasing Coordinators, Project Managers, Quality Inspectors, Warehouse Staff, Production, Vendors and Management.
- Contact vendors and provide internal departments with Proof of Delivery when shipping/delivery challenges arise
- Notify internal partners of any slippage resulting in a negative impact on projects.
- Review and Research Manufacturing Orders and Customer files for accuracy and discrepancies.
- Assist Purchasing Manager with special projects. *Additional Skills & Qualifications:* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 2 years’ experience with parts ordering processes and the logical flow of materials in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings
- LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, coworkers, and customers
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Knowledge and experience with material handling devices (carts, fork trucks), personal computers
- Proficient using MS office Applications (Word, Excel), Must be able to use Great Plains (GP), Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Must be Dangerous Good and Forklift Certified
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Contract · Entry level
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
Application Deadline: N/A