Financial Operations Manager Jobs in Actalent Hanover, MD
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Hanover, MD 2022
About the job
Actalent are hiring two Assistant Controllers for a permanent role (FTE) in our Jacksonville, FL, Tempe, AZ, or Hanover, MD location. This Assistant Controllers are focused on supporting our global practices and operations teams and will be responsible for establishing financial plans, including budgets, to meet contractual/project requirements; monitoring and reporting performance against plans to ensure that cost and schedule objectives are met; reporting, analyzing, and interpreting financial data.
This person partners with the Controller to ensure that the company maintains its profitability by helping to enforce operational accounting procedures and identifying opportunities to improve efficiency.
This person must be action-oriented, deal with ambiguity, and demonstrate problem-solving skills. The candidate must understand business processes and workflows as well as have effective communication skills and the ability to educate and inform business stakeholders around such processes and workflows for efficiency and compliance.
- Collaborate with internal business partners during business acquisition to provide subject matter expertise on client setup to solution and support internal and external requirements (i.e. reporting, WBS).
- Review SOW/Contract to ensure Actalent is setup to support (examples of requirements include: Period of performance review, unique invoicing requirements, Customer Financial reporting requirements)
- Monitor, analyze and report on project budget and cost projections/earned value and operational and financial performance (examples include: actual vs budget reconciliation and employee utilization)
- Responsible for the monitoring of Revenue and Accruals in support of month end close.
- Maintain Financial Forecast; meet with project managers to review and modify forecast inputs including changes in resources, scope, time.
- Support the Procurement of equipment and materials to ensure costs and billing are processed appropriately for programs.
- Responsible for Funding Escalation to Delivery/Practices and support of Purchase Order management.
- Pre-paid expense escalation to ensure timely cost allocation.
- Establish and provide operational and project financial reporting and analytics to support Delivery/Practices
- Support Scope Management and Change requests, Review with Delivery/Practices and Front Office to ensure contractual compliance
- Review projects at risk financially including support of Accounts Receivables and escalate to necessary stakeholders
- Develop business and financial models, as well as ad hoc analysis to improve and grow all aspects of the business
client relationship management, ms excel, business analytics, financial reporting, project management, Business systems analysis, peoplesoft, oracle
- Top Skills Details:*
client relationship management,ms excel,business analytics,financial reporting,project management
- Additional Skills & Qualifications:*
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred
- 2+ years of business experience at Allegis Group or another company
- Experience in MS Office suite
- Advance proficiency in MS Excel
- PeopleSoft/Oracle desired
- 10-20% Travel – required
- Experience Level:*
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Hanover, MD
Application Deadline: N/A