Clinical Project Manager Job in Actalent Paramus, NJ
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Paramus, NJ 2022
About the job
- Description:* The PM will act as a central contact for information on a particular program- or multiple programs- and manage activities to develop and commercialize potential pharmaceutical compounds. The incumbent will work with other project management staff and teams to create the development strategy, establish objectives, and monitor team progress, and will also work to achieve consensus among team members and Line Management on key issues. The individual will also be responsible for making recommendations regarding project objectives, resource requirements, budgetary options and scientific direction to line and senior management. The candidate should have strong Project Management background with proven record of Project Management knowledge, theory and practice.
Additional considerations for those that may also have Alliance Management experience. The ideal candidate should have a science degree, extra considerations to those that have a science and a business or information technology degree.
Candidate should be familiar with Drug Development, extra considerations for those that have commercialization background as it relates to finished drug product Candidate should have good to strong communication and writing background.
Extra considerations for those that have background in negotiation skills and who are familiar with agreements and contract requirements for commercial alliances.
- Responsibilities:* The candidate will be expected to lead internal Projects and may be also involved with Alliance Management activities. The position requires the ability to work independently with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) across the company including Senior/C-Level leaders and will need to be autonomous and independent with all aspects of work to attain goals. Requires a solid understanding of the clinical, regulatory, and commercial requirements for early and late-stage drug development. This role will be responsible for managing Project Teams and partnering closely with stakeholders for achieving company KPI goals. Utilize and practice activities as directed by governance models to ensure Go/No Go decisions (i.e. Stage Gates) are made on schedule with corporate KPI goals. Oversee all aspects of activities associated with portfolio updates within his/her specific area of coverage and to work with the PMO at providing the content as expected and on time. Mitigate risk through partnership with internal teams, SMEs, and other key stakeholders. Utilize PM tools such as the RACI grid, Lessons Learned, Scheduling Tools, etc to help create structure to drive team success. Utilize facilitation skills to enable and assist with development and implementation of cross-functional product development plans (PDP), including strategic assessment of budgets and timelines. Utilize strong communication and negotiation skills in order to effectively communicate to a wide variety of audiences, including senior management, partners, etc \
- Knowledge of global drug development, registration, and market launch requirements.
- A thorough understanding of each functional area’s role and contribution to the development process and to the commercialization process
- High-level analytical skills to enable resolution of scientific, medical, regulatory, resource, and financial/business issues confronting the projects.
- Solid computer skills with:
- Demonstrated experience in working with MS Project and/or other Enterprise Project Scheduling Tools
- Full knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of technology platforms required to create efficiencies and to enhance communication (shared workspaces, portals and other tools)
- Must Haves: *
- 2-3+ years of industry experience in Clinical Research
- Need at least 1 year of Project Management experience in pharma
- 4 year degree
- Within 30-45 minutes of Paramus (one-way)
- Nice to Have:*
- Additional Business Degree (ex: Masters in Business)
- A Bachelor’s degree in science is required along with a business degree (highly preferred), Masters level in either is preferred as well.
A Project Management Institute (PMP) certification is highly preferred.
- Experience: *
- Background in pharmaceutical research and development project management.
Job level will depend on level of experience.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Contract · Associate
Job Location: Paramus, NJ
Application Deadline: N/A