Laboratory Pre-Analytical Services Assistant Job in Actalent Tampa, FL
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Tampa, FL 2022
About the job
- Description:* The main function of a laboratory pre-analytics services assistant is to be responsible for processes occurring before testing, such as patient preparation, specimen collection, identification, preservation and processing.
Assistants provide general support functions within the pre-analytic and analytic laboratory departments such as clerical and laboratory assistant duties to support overall operation of the lab.
- Job Responsibilities:*
- Monitoring, sorting and storing of incoming specimens.
- Data entry including patient requisitions, and double checking for accuracy.
- Assist in providing general support functions.
- General clerical duties.
- Take inventory, stock, order and stock supply items as directed by supervisors for the pre-analytical department.
- Verify and enter patient demographics, patient consents and insurance information with manual requisitions along with collected and received time/date information.
- Order tests as per request.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time. Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office.
- Requirements: Highschool diploma or equivalent. 0-2 years of experience.
- Additional Skills & Qualifications:* 1 year of specimen handling or academia
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Tampa, FL
Application Deadline: N/A