This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Wixom, MI 2022
About the job
- Description:* Looking for an Estimator/Proposal Engineer that can estimate jobs with 60% existing customers & 40% new customers with them ranging from $50,000 to $40 million in size.
They will be responsible for helping with the bidding, budgeting, project estimating, scheduling with various customers (i.e. GM, Tesla, other automotive companies).
They will be responsible for handling about 6 projects at a time to quote. The Estimator will be responsible for providing details (take-offs) for each proposal issued to them by the Estimating Manager, reviewing each customer RFQ and organizing proper and prompt proposal preparation using standard forms and methods. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description – other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform risk analysis of projects, as required.
- Determine costs of products and services along with price for vendor supplied products to establish project budgets and margins.
- Estimate all mechanical installation disciplines with all welding techniques, including structural, machinery and field fabrication.
- Review and update union labor rates for each bid, as required.
- Estimate special situations, including but not limited to tooling installation, steel erection, scaffolding, and rigging.
- Estimate all machining requirements and special assemblies.
- Estimate heavy equipment, including but not limited to demo, relocation, tear-down, and set-up.
- Establish schedule to accomplish scope of work (SOW).
- Prepare budgetary and firm proposals, along with alternate solutions.
- Identify field interferences and associated costs.
- Calculate steel loads for shipments, including but not limited to associated costs/delivery schedules and shipment sizing.
- Solicit vendors for pricing on purchased equipment and/or materials.
- Initiate pre-engineering and initial design of complete system as required by customer.
- Review the request for quote (RFQ) to understand its intent, requirements, details, timing, and scope.
- Understand the customer needs and create a customized proposal in the format required by the customer.
- Visit and review the jobsite conditions.
- Create detailed take-offs for equipment, structure, installation, and ancillary devices, based on the scope of project.
- Collaborate with engineering and operations to receive input on the quotes, as necessary.
- Solicit sub-contractor bids for scope of supply not facilitated by the company.
- Prepare bid packs for the sub-contractors, as necessary.
- Review subcontractor proposals for content, price, and clarifications.
- Continually review all customer general specifications and standards to ensure compliance.
- Collect pricing on purchased equipment and fabricated items, as necessary.
- Add costs to each line item in the estimate.
- Ensure that all items of work are included.
- Develop cost savings or value-added alternatives.
- Review any engineering or feasibility considerations.
- Establish a schedule to ensure the bid pack is submitted on time.
- Review the quote with the Estimating Manager and management team, as required.
- Provide critical information regarding “as sold” information, project kick-off, and set-up according to the budget.
- Provide project field order and/or change order estimates, as required.
- Complete other tasks or projects as assigned. Travel: Up to 5% mainly in the Midwest & South U.S. Travel could be due to customer needs onsite presence.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Contract · Associate
Job Location: Wixom, MI
Application Deadline: N/A