This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Carmel, IN 2022
About the job
A national engineering firm is expanding their local Indianapolis team, and is seeking engineers for their Distribution Department. The company has continued to win additional projects and workload from the tier-one utilities they support, and as a result have continued to hire entry-level Distribution Engineers nation-wide to build their teams. In the greater Indianapolis area, the bulk of their projects are coming from Duke Energy, and are anticipated to last for multiple years to come.
- Job Responsibilities:*
- Project work will require performing engineering calculations that may include: structural analysis of poles, guying, cable pulling, electric demand, transformer sizing, voltage drop and flicker, and coordination of protective devices.
- Assignments may also include: preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, development of a BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements.
- Work assignments will include traveling by motor vehicle to various project locations located throughout the area to conduct field investigations.
- Will be doing QA/QC checks to make sure junior designers work is accurate and correct.
- Utilize software including Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems.
- Will require an interest in developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system.
- Job Requirements:*
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience in a client facing or field role, not just behind a computer all day
- Interest in working with utilities long term This is a long-term career opportunity as the company continues to expand their book of business. Work will be 1st shift and pay will depend on experience. Apply today to learn more!
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Carmel, IN
Application Deadline: N/A