This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Bloomington, MN 2022
About the job
- Description:* Job Summary: This position has responsibility for leading the company’s efforts in the areas of food safety and quality. The quality of our products and, the interaction with our customers related to quality, are a significant, defining characteristic of their marketplace positioning. Responsibilities: This position is focused on both traditional internal operations as well as the specific needs of our external customers and prospects.
- Develops, documents, oversees, ensures implementation, and reviews company policies, programs, standards, and procedures related to food safety and quality assurance with a focus on prevention, early detection, and waste reduction; ensures compliance with regulatory requirements. Examples include programs related to CGMP’s, HACCP, SQF, allergens, product recall and traceability, customer complaints, pest control, foreign material, chemical control.
- Provides leadership to Quality staff in their lab and documentation work.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards; engages in select food regulatory issues. Scope includes standards applicable directly to the company as well as the end markets our customers participate in.
- Oversees third party and regulatory audits; ensures robust corrective action program.
- Ensures food safety and quality records are controlled, accurate, complete, and current.
- Owns customer quality complaints and issues, ensures they are promptly investigated and addressed, spearheads customer communication, ensures that the company operates a robust corrective action program, and tracks results accordingly.
- Develops and implements a highly disciplined problem-solving process incorporating cause and effect analysis, root cause analysis, corrective action, and follow-up; process is applied to both internal and customer originated quality issues.
- Develops and provides organizational training on quality related topics.
- Conducts internal audits to assess performance against polices, practices, standards.
- Develops and implements supply chain programs to ensure safety and quality of incoming raw materials.
- Leads and manages improvement projects. *Additional Skills & Qualifications:* Education/Experience:
- Five or more years related experience in the food processing industry -Minimum 3 years leadership/management experience -Minimum 3 years experience with customer communications and problem solving.
- HAACP/SQF/PCQI certification required.
- Minimum BS (Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology) required.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Bloomington, MN
Application Deadline: N/A