This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Dallas, TX 2022
About the job
- Description:* Our client is looking for a Construction Administrator to coordinate all architectural and sub-consultant activities related to construction contract administration, including process sketches and permit revisions, field observations, reports, change orders and pay requests. Responsibilities:
- Reviewing submittal packages. Part of construction administration is handling submittals. Administrators provide submittals to the architect or engineer in the form of construction documents, material samples, or shop drawings. The architect will observe the construction process and ensure the contractor’s work (along with their project team) is executing the design specifications as outlined by construction drawings and contracts.
- Approving change orders. A change order is when the planned work needs alteration, and will affect the final cost. An architect is usually in charge of approving or denying change order requests. An administrator can make sure the proposed changes fit the client’s needs, while also giving everyone a chance to review the budget change.
- Building code enforcement. Construction observation includes ensuring the project follows building code requirements, the HVAC systems meet the minimum requirements for efficiency, and that the building follows all environmental codes, etc.
- Finding new supplies. Sometimes, the building materials don’t meet expectations or get discontinued. Construction administrators can help navigate the client toward the appropriate replacement materials that fit within their budget or approve a general contractor’s recommendation.
- Problem-solving. As the acting project manager, if any unforeseen conditions occur during construction, the administrator takes over to quickly resolve the issue, whether it be with construction contracts, supplies, or the budget. This flexibility ensures that construction is not inhibited or delayed and that the work remains on schedule.
- Top Skills Details:* construction administration,Construction Documents,Submittals
- Additional Skills & Qualifications:*
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture
- Experience as a CA preferred
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Application Deadline: N/A