This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Solon, OH 2022
About the job
- Description:* Develops and implements methods and procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection to ensure that the products are free of flaws and function as designed.
Designs and installs sophisticated testing equipment and performs product testing and analysis to maintain quality levels and minimize defects and failure rates.
Analyzes reports and defective products to determine trends and recommend corrective actions.
Collaborates with supplier representatives on quality problems, ensures that effective corrective actions are implemented and contributes to supplier quality improvement programs.
This is an individual contributor role that requires the use of judgement in applying professional expertise and is expected to work independently with minimal supervision.
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES – Support integration and remediation activities related to a new acquisition.
Prepare and implement programs and processes to ensure compliance with the company’s high quality standards.
Support validation, MSA remediation, PFMEA (Risk Management), PPAP, QMS integration: manufacturing transfers, training, acceptance activities, part certification, NCs at suppliers and deep dive into P&PC.
Additional Job Details:
Advocates and leads design for manufacture and assembly through technical leadership and direction in quality assurance, quality control and preventative activities.
Supports and leads the development and introduction of new products, processes, and technologies, with focus on quality systems development, regulatory compliance, and process risk management including pFMEA.
Will drive the development and characterization of processes that are capable, scalable and produce high yield. Will drive the design of robust inspection strategies including CQAs, CTQs and MSAs to enable process risk identification, process characterization, capability and robust process control.
Provide quality engineering guidance and mentoring for the execution of quality assurance activities during design transfer phases of new product development.
Provide Quality engineering support for new product and process introductions, ensuring that proper judgement for product and system risk is executed.
Responsible for training and guidance of Jr. engineers.
- Foster and lead collaborative internal/external professional relationships across Design Divisions, Advanced Operations & GQO functions associated with design transfer activities. Drive and lead effective communication with all internal customers, stakeholders, and project teams to deliver successful project transfers with the highest levels of quality that meet the NPI project goals.
- Support the Risk Management File through risk Management Principles.
Responsible for the evaluation of process risks, risk mitigation and ensures appropriate production and process controls are identified, qualified, and implemented throughout the product manufacturing lifecycle (from incoming of materials/components, manufacturing, until product release) through robust pFMEA.
- Support Design team to complete CQA/CTQ identification and inputs to dFMEA. Inspection
- Develop and implement lean inspection strategies and inspection plans through state-of-the-art inspection methods and technologies. Ensure inspections are repeatable, efficient, and scalable.
- Lead continuous improvements of inspection methods and sampling plans, with a focus on human error risk elimination.
- Lead First Article Inspection (FAI) Strategies, both internally and externally, and approve First Article Inspections.
Optimize inspection costs through lean initiatives while maintaining safety, integrity, and reliability of the product.
- Develop Measurement System Analysis (MSA) strategy and approve executed MSAs. Validation
- Support the development, execution, and approval of validation strategies, with the goal of highly capable processes, that result in high yield and enable scalability.
Approve protocols and reports, including data analysis.
- Influence processes towards validation versus manual verification, where possible.
- Apply appropriate statistical techniques to ensure the development of robust, predictive quality systems which are easily transferable and maintainable in a production environment.
- Provide expertise for NCs & CAPAs related to new products.
Act as a subject matter expert and mentor in problem solving and root causing tools.
May serve as NC Specialist.
- Support Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) through process design, inspection optimization, application of state-of-the-art technologies and tooling & fixture development.
- Support process bench marking by providing quality experience as a process input.
- Create and influence the supplier qualification strategy and approve the supplier validations and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Skills:* process improvement, process control, quality management
- Additional Skills & Qualifications:*
- Proficient in risk management practices and tools, having high expertise in failure modes associated with production and production related processes, (PFMEA).
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Contract · Entry level
Job Location: Solon, OH
Application Deadline: N/A