Entry Level Quality Engineer careers in Actalent Rossford, OH
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Rossford, OH 2022
About the job
- Mostly a hands-on on quality role, 75% of day will be spent on the shop floor, constantly interracting with production workers/ managers and engineering
- They will be working within the Coating Division of Electro Prime, working on production lines that will do E-Coating (static charging metal parts, dipping in liquid paint, then heat treating) and Powder Coating (static charging metal, spraying with a dry powdered paint, and heat treating)
- Most metal parts will be body parts for automobiles, but they will also do some industrial machine parts
- Develop a clear understanding of all Quality processes. Participate in the development, documentation, and training of employees in proper production processes, inspection and acceptance criteria, quality performance metrics, and defect identification and analysis.
- Manage the handling of customer issues from logging the initial issue through the development and acceptance of the final corrective action.
- Use proven problem solving and continuous improvement methodologies to lead or guide teams in corrective action or continuous improvement activities as required.
- Oversee and prioritize the daily activities of the shift Quality Supervisor.
- Perform audits of the Quality Management System as required by the current industry standards. Specific Tasks Include:
- Maintain Customer Issues Log
- Review and develop Control Plans and PFMEA’s
- Coordinate and document sort activities including 3rd party
- Notify customers of incoming quality issues and manage disposition
- Create and control Quality Alerts
- Lead or participate in Corrective Action teams and Internal Audits
continuous improvement, quality assurance, ppap, microsoft excel, quality management system, quality management, quality testing, quality engineering, fmea, msa, spc, process flow, mechanical engineering, corrective action plans
- Top Skills Details:*
continuous improvement,quality assurance,ppap,microsoft excel,quality management system,quality management,quality testing,quality engineering
- Additional Skills & Qualifications:*
What are the top 5 MUST HAVE skills in order of importance?
- 2+ years of quality engineering experience
- Experience with Continuous improvement
- Experience with quality tools, must have:
- Microsoft Office (excel! And word)
- Hands on experience with Quality Management Systems and Testing methods What are the top 5 NICE TO HAVE skills in order of importance?
- IATF 16949 (governing body for quality expectations)
- Associate or Bachelor in mechanical engineering or quality
- A strong understanding of the following quality tools: APQP process, Process Flow charting, Control Plans, FMEA, PPAP, MSA, SPC, Corrective Action process and methodology, Continuous Improvement methodology
- Experience Level:*
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Rossford, OH
Application Deadline: N/A