Project Manager II careers in Actalent Baltimore, MD
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Actalent in Baltimore, MD 2022
About the job
The Project Manager II is responsible for leading, organizing and managing all aspects of product development for NGS projects. They are accountable to the successful delivery of project objectives, including scope, risks, budget, and timeline, through the use of an in-depth knowledge of project management methodology, tools and techniques. The Project Manager II will lead, empower, and inspire large cross functional teams, and ensure internal and external stakeholder alignment throughout the project life cycle. Additionally, the Project Manager II will be responsible for organizing many different moving parts, while being flexible and agile, knowing when to follow the process and when to take risks, and will successfully direct the team in response. Responsibilities:
- Perform project planning to collect and align the project team and stakeholders on the project scope, timeline to completion, and budget forecasts.
- Prepare and maintain schedules for project activities and events, taking account of dependencies, resource availability and scope.
- Work with project representatives across functions to identify and measure risks associated with meeting budget, business metrics, timeline and scope of the project.
- Work with department leads to identify and manage major project challenges to ensure the success of the project.
- Create and communicate project updates in a succinct and meaningful way.
- Monitor progress to make sure that milestones are being met across the various projects according to plan.
- Manage the project budget including tracking expenses relative to budget.
- Manage the project deliverables to the appropriate phase in the Stage Gate Process.
Project management, FDA, molecular diagnostics, CLIA,
Next Generation, Program management, 510k, IVD, ISO, Product Development, PMA Submissions
- Top Skills Details:*
Project management,FDA,molecular diagnostics
- Additional Skills & Qualifications:*
Required Education and Experience:
- 3+ years managing projects required
- Project management in biotech, molecular diagnostics or medical device industry preferred.
- Experience in IVDR, 510k, PMA submissions and FDA interactions preferred.
- Experience in delivery of one or more full lifecycle product development projects recommended.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards related to medical devices is a plus (e.g. FDA, ISO, QSR design controls).
- Experience managing cross-functional teams is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of people at all levels of the organization within a variety of departments.
- Problem-solving mentality with ability to adapt plans to unforeseen challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-driven and capable of working independently.
- Must be able to influence and drive a team without them being direct reports.
- Experience Level:*
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Baltimore, MD
Application Deadline: N/A