The Social Media Manager implements social media strategy in support of marketing campaigns to build brand awareness and generate product consideration, while growing and engaging audiences in multiple channels. The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated individual with a passion for content strategy, creative writing and community participation leadership.
- Relationship with Global/CRM/Retail/Aftersales/SP44- Aligning with different areas of the UK team, to ensure that we are supporting them on social and not giving customers mixed messages. Having regular updates with the Global team to align on what assets are coming and ensure we plan them in or even influence their briefs.
- Social Asset Creation- From receiving a brief from client to creating content or using Global or UK originated content in an innovative way, the SMM will produce a brief to create/crop/edit the assets for the format required.
- Paid Social- Experienced in working with media agency to deliver paid social campaigns. High familiarity with formats across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & LinkedIn. In addition, retargeting content from the Jaguar and Land Rover websites.
- Asset Removal- JLR Global request for assets to be removed when usage expires, and to track this on a spreadsheet.
- Reporting- Media results will show us how posts are performing. To gain insights on how we can improve creatively, the SMM will look at the results and give an unbiased view on why a certain post has performed extremely well, or poorly. The output should suggest further creative testing, or clear formats that work/don’t work.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
- Assertive and resourceful with a proven track record of getting things done
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Passion and empathy for the consumer’s perspective
- Understanding of social analytics; familiarity with measurement tools preferred
- Passionate about getting others involved and having fun along the way
- Proficient in social planning tools e.g. Social Studio
- High level of familiarity with established and emerging social platforms
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills – listening, coaching, mentoring, explaining difficult concepts in simple language, and ability to relate and play well with others
- Diplomatic and professional with the ability to work well with all levels of staff (both internal and external)
Qualification & Experience:
- Luxury / automotive experience preferred but keen to have candidates who have worked on brands that tap into culture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, GB
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org