Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Abbott in Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, You Can Do Work That Matters, Grow, And Learn, Care For Yourself And Family, Be Your True Self And Live a Full Life. You Will Have Access To
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Johannesburg location in the nutrition division. In this division our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
As the E-commerce Manager, you will facilitate the performance of eCommerce channels as a key growth driver for ANI. The role will develop strategic direction for ecommerce as a growth channel, partner with functional teams on implementation and work with platform partners like Amazon, Takealot, bricks and clicks, etc. on developing and implementing joint business plans while Ensuring Abbott brands lead in all aspects along the digital path to purchase to drive demand. You will also partner with the trade and marketing teams to develop and deliver integrated Joint Business Plans for eCommerce.
What You’ll Do
Drive revenue, share and profitability for E Commerce in the market:
- Responsible for defining the digital strategy of Abbott brands to achieve the assigned financial targets in terms of Net Sales, Margin and Market Share.
- Lead and partner with the local sales & marketing teams to maximize sales through all the relevant channels in the market
- Ensure that ANI is over indexed in the eCommerce channels as compared to relevant retail market shares
- Manage budget, operational cost and agency / partner investments for all eCommerce related activity.
- Define the product volume forecast to reach the assigned Net Sales, Division Margin and Market share objectives and, at the same time, contributing to match Forecast Accuracy, DSO and DOH targets.
Define and drive E Commerce strategies per brand or customer:
- Leverage and work with the Brand teams to understand brand objectives, strategies and consumer insights ensuring consistent messaging and brand representation online.
- Update the ANI brand’s website for new mobile or computer systems to appeal to current and future customers, identifying and implanting solutions to improve and optimize the online user journey and website experience.
- Develop Customer specific business building programs in partnership with Sales & Marketing teams and oversee the execution of annual customer marketing calendar.
- Align Customer and Brand strategies/objectives to identify key business opportunities. Ensure eCommerce plans are integrated into annual Integrated Business Planning Process as well as Retail Joint Business Planning.
- Identify opportunities for Abbott and its Customers based on a strong understanding of their strategies and shoppers.
- Drive the development of innovative, customer-insight based, end-to-end solutions to boost our online sales.
- Collaborate with Sales to maintain a sustainable balance between online and offline consumer interactions.
- Act in full coherence with the relevant South African laws, ensure integration of all legal, POPI and regulatory requirements, comply with Abbott policies, and proactively respecting legal and OEC procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 1+ years in an eCommerce role (client side or retailer) within the FMCG, OTC or Healthcare environment.
- Working knowledge of eCommerce business model (from demand generation to distribution) is required
- Knowledge of Retail Sales, Brand Management or Shopper Marketing
- Demonstrates strong negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to present and influence others, including internal Abbott and external Customer leaders
- Team player. Experience in working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to convert analysis into insights, sustainable strategies and actionable plans.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A