This Jobsfunter Listing is about Abbott in Temecula, CA 2022
About the job
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our location in Temecula, CA currently has an opportunity for a Digital Transformation Specialist.
What You’ll Do
The Digital Transformation Specialist is responsible to design and implementation solutions to advance and drive the global digital and automation strategy for Vascular Operations. To engage with Vascular Operations leadership and employees to identify process opportunities for digital transformation, support the implementation of digital solutions including intelligent automation, that will drive cost, quality and delivery and compliment the capabilities being offered by other Strategic Programs.
Core Job Responsibilities
Drive maturity assessment, planning, execution and delivery of the vascular data management strategy for Vascular operations to automate ‘manual’ activity. Combining their business and IT expertise to design and implement data management infrastructure to facilitate Business Intelligence (BI) and Advanced analytics capability. To build a technology roadmap of digital tools to automate activity. Design and deploy solutions to support the transition to a future infrastructure. Champion digital transformation tools with Vascular Operations and promote any opportunities to use technology to solve problems. Encourage innovative ideas to be used across Vascular Operations. This includes showcasing the solutions to drive adoption. Investigates any potential new solutions and technologies and provides insights on technology trends. Compares digital solutions available to solve process issues (features, use cases). Identify fit-for-purpose digital solutions that
Implement process and operational efficiency across the Vascular operations organization in collaboration with BTS.
To understand and drive process redesign in conjunction with the Operation teams to enable implementation of digital solutions to improve cost, quality and delivery.
Use Cases built on solid cost-benefit-analysis.
To act as a key participant in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) by
Documenting business processes, process mapping, flow (e.g. Visio) and complete user journey mapping (current) and facilitate the design of a future state.
Developing comprehensive Business Requirements Document (BRD), Scope of Works (SOW) to facilitate quoting.
To write detailed User Stories and when required at the end-to-end (feature) level. To be able to build comprehensive user testing approaches. To allow testing at the individual and the end-to-end (feature) level. To be able to comply with Abbott Vascular’s Data Integrity requirements.
To conduct User Acceptance Testing and facilitate testing by other business users.
To design and execute on both prototyping of solutions (low and high fidelity) and minimum viable products.
To develop adoption metrics and program dashboards to manage development execution, deployment and implementation.
To built in a feedback process to refine solutions based on use.
Works closely with IT BTS and BRM (Business Relationship manager) to identify appropriate digital solutions and build business case for investment when required. To design Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Robotic Desktop Automation (RDA) solutions and use cases to streamline critical processes, extend the life of legacy systems and build a scalable digital workforce.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of related work experience with a basic understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
- Experience in large multinational companies as Digital Transformation Manager/Specialist, Business Process Excellence or Project management roles
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Lean/Six Sigma/Business Process evaluation experience
- Project implementations/Project management
- National Framework of Qualifications Skills (NFQ) level 8 qualification in a relevant discipline
Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills)
- At least 6 year’s experience in designing, developing and implementing digital solutions.
- Strategic thinker, with ability to translate strategy, vision and long-term goals into practical targets and objectives.
- Is a self-motivator that thrives on new challenges and adapts quickly to learning new knowledge.
- Good understanding of manufacturing and/or service processes and be able to identify and establish business cases for new digital technologies.
- Experience of process evaluation and re-engineering in manufacturing or service operations.
- Experience delivering business change in one or more of the following areas:
- Digital / Technology / Process implementations including active participation in planning, business case, and design phases.
- Transformation using Business Intelligence, data analytics and visualisation tools (e.g. Qlik, PowerBI etc.)
- Robotic Process Automation/A.I./Other technologies.
- Track record of driving projects and programs (e.g. multi-site, cross functional) to successful completion, even when operating in matrix organizations, with different support groups with potentially conflicting objectives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in funding / investment opportunities and building of business cases to support Strategy roadmap.
- Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance. Acts as a technical advisor to senior management on specialised business projects. Acts as a mentor to key staff members. Has demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Can determine emerging technical trends and provide information across functional boundaries in areas of expertise.
What We Offer
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Temecula, CA
Application Deadline: N/A