This Jobsfunter Listing is about Abbott in Pomona, CA 2022
About the job
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Manufacturing Tech I is within our Toxicology business unit located in Pomona, California. Under general supervision, the scope of this position is responsible for setting up and performing adjustments to equipment used in support of manufacturing. Ability to diagnose and perform routine technical troubleshooting is required.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
- May be tasked with completing set-up operations for one of the following: assembly, packaging and prep operations in compliance with approved documentation, and QSR. This will include but not limited to line clearance, equipment preventative maintenance and housekeeping
- Assist the Engineering and Maintenance teams with trouble shooting, maintenance, and repair of equipment
- May be tasked with the completion and accuracy of documentation associated with the manufactured product and equipment maintenance
- May be tasked with cleaning, performing and documenting routine equipment maintenance and minor repair
- Required to support continuous improvements activities, (e.g. 5S and OEE, etc.)
- Support new equipment installation and validation
- May be required to assist with problem-solving related to product quality
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills while maintaining product Quality
- Participate in root cause analysis and implement corrective actions under the guidance of Supervisor or Manager
- Collaborates with Engineers, Maintenance Technicians, QC Technicians and Management to identify and help implement process improvements
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job; has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices; build productive internal/external working relationships
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies
- Other duties as assigned, according to the changing needs of the business
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years related experience
- Basic communication and written skills
- 3 years’ experience preferable in medical device manufacturing
- MS Office Suite experience
- Knowledge of regulations (FDA, ISO, OSHA, etc.)
- Basic understanding of manufacturing systems (documentation, compliance, inventory control, production scheduling/ controls, etc.)
- Achieving results
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please contact your local HR department
Vacancy Type: $46,000/yr – $78,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Pomona, CA
Application Deadline: N/A