Project Manager , R&D Job in Abbott Irving, TX
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Abbott in Irving, TX 2022
About the job
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
About Abbott Diagnostics
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Irving, TX, currently has an opportunity for Project Manager, R&D
What You’ll Do
Manages the development and implementation process of company’s products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
- Estimates project levels of effort and resource requirements by using standard estimating techniques and tools, and by working with appropriate staff to understand scope of effort.
- Prepares project plans, schedules and budgets by using project management tools such as Microsoft Project and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
- Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying potential Projct and/or Technical risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
- Assures project quality by using standard development methodologies and by working with SQA to develop and execute project quality plans.
- Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in or leading departmental project status update meetings.
- Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
- Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and assisting or mentoring more junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques.
- Participates in external project management organizations, conferences and seminars to keep current with industry best practices in project management by joining professional associations and implementing a professional development plan with focus on project management.
- Understands business environment and relates extensive knowledge of internal and external technological activities to trends.
- Interfaces with senior management on significant matters, often requiring the coordination of activity across organizational units.
- Participates in the development of other technical contributors by facilitating training and providing feedback and guidance.
- May lead a project team. Acts as a mentor to less-experienced staff and may provide work direction or supervise other technical employees.
- Provides technical leadership to business units.
- Exercises judgment independently.
- Plans and organizes project assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Initiates or maintains schedule for projects and project milestones. Establishes priorities of individual or project assignments. Selects methods and techniques to lead a project to completion.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- Understand and develop Part Number strategies and recommend implementation strategy to project team.
- Follow Quality System Design Planning procedures through full product lifecycles; from Concept to Final Market Release.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 7-9 years of related work experience with a complete understanding of specified functional area.
- Experience within the medical devices or diagnostics industry.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in an Engineering discipline
- Demonstrated mastery of Microsoft Project
- Experience in Power BI
- Experience with Design Planning and Part Database Management (i.e. EPDM, APLM, SBM, …)
What We Offer
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Irving, TX
Application Deadline: N/A