Website 2Excel Aviation
2Excel Geo are unique in our ability to rapidly collect and process high quality hyperspectral imagery, this generates unique commercial and technical propositions. We are now looking to appoint a seasonal Sensor Operator to join us during the summer months of May to September. It is expected that the work scope will comprise of a 4 on 4 off shift pattern that will include weekends.
- The primary focus of this position is to provide development, best practices and support expertise for the existing WestJet’s Data and Business Intelligence (BI) & Analytics operations; including data warehousing, transformations, dashboards, scorecards, and other BI solution components that exist within the organization.
- Validate that the Data Warehouse meets requirements and Service-Level expectations.
- Configure BI tools on both back-end and front-end; develop the semantic and metadata layers.
- Ensure that assigned daily support activities are dealt with in a successful and timely manner.
- Test developed components including ensuring conformance to security requirements.
- Responsible for the code/scripts that extract, transform, clean data into our Data Warehouse.
- Provide technical guidance and business intelligence know-how in addressing business needs.
- Acts as a liaison with business requestors; capture and document business, data, and BI requirements; turns the requirements into technical specifications.
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well both independently and with others
- Comfortable working in and around aircraft and liaising with flight crew
- Ability to work in an organized, logical manner and to follow a prescribed process
Qualification & Experience:
- Aviation experience, e.g., aerial survey, sensor operation, mission planning or private flying
- Experience with mission planning software, e.g., SkyDemon or similar
- Experience with aerial survey software, e.g., TrackAir (preferable but not essential)
- Experience with GIS software and methods, e.g., QGIS, and proficiency with standard geospatial vector/raster formats (preferable but not essential)
Company: 2Excel Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org